What is HypnoBirthing®? The Mongan Method
HypnoBirthing® is a rewarding, relaxing, stress-free method of birthing that is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world in an atmosphere of gentility, calm and joy. When a mother is properly prepared for birthing physically, mentally, and spiritually, she can experience that sort of joy, birthing her baby in an easier, more comfortable, and often, even pain-free, manner. Through a well-though-out program of deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, special breathing techniques, visualization, affirmations, and education, HypnoBirthing® returns to a woman the art of birthing in a way that allows her to summon her natural birthing instincts and to birth her baby in safety and with ease.
Course Highlights/What You Can Expect
You will receive your own copy of the most up to date HypnoBirthing® book by Marie Mongan • All the materials and scripts needed for a successful at home practice • Hand outs on birth positions, breathing techniques and childbirth education materials • Audio Tracks for at home Hypnosis Practice • How the mind and emotions affect the body • Why labor hurts and why it doesn’t have to • Releasing fear, the enemy of labor • Preparing your mind and body for birthing • Avoiding artificial induction and episiotomy • Developing ultimate-depth relaxation • Understanding the stages of labor • Preparing your Birth Plan •Tapping Nature’s own relaxant • Breathing your baby down for birth
HypnoBirthing® will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing®, you will not be in a trance or a sleep state. You will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
- Session 1 - Building a Positive Expectancy
- Session 2 - Falling in Love with Your Baby Pre Birth Parenting, Preparing Your mind and Body
- Session 3 - Advanced Visualization and Deepening
- Session 4 - Overview and Summary of Childbirth
- Session 5 - Birthing, The Final Act and Bonding
- Philosophy and Beginnings of HypnoBirthing®
- History of Women and Birthing
- How fear affects Labor
- The Origin of Fear and Pain in Labor
- The Power of the Mind
- Mind/Body Connection
- Breathing and Relaxation
- Building Positive Images of Birth
The Onset of Labor
Birth Companions Support Role
Thinning and Opening Phase
Labor Slows and Rests
Misconceptions about Labor
Birth Companion Advocates for Mother and Baby
Hallmarks as Labor Advances
Birth Rehearsal Imagery
What Will You Learn?
- Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- To explode the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labor
- What’s wrong with labor as it exists with most other childbirth methods
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- To create your body’s own natural relaxant, the only safe labor enhancement
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial chemical induction
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended
HypnoBirthing Class Calendar
All sessions are 5 weeks 2.5 hours each class and run on Thursday nights from 6-8:30PM or Saturday mornings from 9-11:30AM. Check out our class dates here and sign up by purchasing in our shop or emailing email@example.com Still looking for more information? Head to: www.hypnobirthing.com
Chelsea is not only an incredible human being but such an amazing support to have by your side. Before I met Chelsea, I was nervous and unsure about my natural vbac plans. She made my husband and I feel so empowered during my pregnancy and because of this I feel that’s why we were so successful with my vbac. She provides all the tools and support you could possibly need. I highly recommend her!!
Chelsea provides excellent HypnoBirthing classes. She is knowledgeable, and so supportive of the specific needs of each and every Mama. I can't recommend or thank her enough, these classes are exceptional preparation for a fear-free birth. She continues to check up on us, even months after our baby's birth, and genuinely cares about all the Mama's she meets.
Chelsea was an excellent instructor for HypnoBirthing®. I was sure I was going to use an epidural and have been very anxious. Afterward, I feel confident to attempt a drug free birth plan! I would recommend Chelsea to any expecting mother for this course and as a doula! I'm looking forward to continuing my birth journey with her. I give her 5 gold stars and hope to have a second child so I hire her again! Excellent!!!!!
HypnoBirthing Classes - January Session, Wall, NJ
5 Weekly, 2.5 hour Sessions With our Certified Practitioner and Birth Doula - Chelsea Alders
Private In Home HypnoBirthing® Classes
In Home Classes are also available - Please Inquire for more Information: firstname.lastname@example.org